The Norwich District Curling Club
P.O. Box 871
NORWICH, ONTARIO N0J 1P0
To all Curlers and Prospective Curlers;
Preparations for the 2015 – 2016 Curling Season are now being made.
- Open House/Curling Introduction is Thur. October 22th and Friday, October 23rd from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- The first draw begins on Monday, October 26th.
In order for the Draw Committees to make up the first draw, please return your registration form before October 24th.
1. CURLING FEES: The Directors have set the Curling Fees for the 2015-2016 season as follows:
(unchanged from last year and the year before!)
Date Received: Curling Fees:
By Oct. 31st $385.00 HST included.
Couples by Oct. 31st – each $375.00 HST included.
Between Nov.1st and Nov. 30th Add $10.00 late fee
December 1st Curling privileges suspended until paid
Junior Curler: Ages 14- 21 $192.50 HST included
Junior Rockers: Grade 1 to Grade 8 $50.00 HST Included
Monday Morning Fun Curling & Stick Curling only $10.00 per day or $150 for season (with paid up membership).
You can pay with three post-dated cheques dated October 31st,, November 30th, and December 31st, in the amount of $130.00 (HST and administration fee included), if received by October 31st.
2. ** NEW ** Volunteer Bond: More hands make for lighter work. To encourage EVERYONE in the club to participate, the Club will be requesting a $50 cheque per person postdated to April 9th, 2016 be presented with registration. The cheque will be returned once a volunteer task* has been performed. * Tasks are varied and include – Board member, Draw Convenor, Bonspiel Convenor (2 per bonspiel), kitchen duty or bar duty for bonspiel or rental, assisting ice maker (start and end of year), maintenance of club, curling school, fundraising assistance (meat pie assembly, banquet set up and assisting with auction, fish fry, etc.), OCA rep
3. NEW MEMBERS: The Directors are offering “New Members Only” the opportunity to join our club and curl their first year for HALF PRICE. A new member this year would pay curling fees of $192.50 HST included along with the one time only $50.00 Membership fee for a total of $242.50.
4. CURLING FEES PER DRAW: The Directors have offered an option to curl for $150.00 (HST included) per draw. Any one draw can be curled for $150.00, any two for $300.00. If a curler pays by the draw, a total of $450.00 will be paid for curling all three draws.
5. PAY-AS-YOU-PLAY: PAYP will be available again this year at $20.00 per game ($10.00 for students) HST included. Those curlers, who choose this method will be listed on a spare list, but will not be eligible to be on a team, gain seniority or compete for a trophy.
- PAYMENT: Cheques made out to “Norwich District Curling Club” may be made directly to the Secretary/Treasurer, dropped off at the Club (slot in the office door or at the Open House), or mailed to the address above. Please feel free to send a post-dated cheque(s) with your registration form
- CURLING SCHOOL: The Club will be holding a 6-week Curling School on Wed. nights from 7:00 – 9:00 starting on Nov.4th (through to Dec. 9). Cost is only $50.00 . Spread the word!
New Members are always welcome!! If you know of someone interested in curling this season or in the Curling School, please provide their information to me, or have them contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sincerely,Joanne Ross, Secretary/Treasurer, NDCC